Life is no bottle of liquid paper
For most of us, that bottle of liquid paper is an essential piece of stationery we carry around with us all the time. I am one of them. We probably are the kind who likes our notes, letters, etc, etc, to look neat and tidy.
I know I am like that. I hate it when I have to cross something out when I write, regardless if it is notes or letters. I get especially upset with myself when I have to cross something out when I am writing a letter on a cute, nicely decorated piece of paper. And I wouldn’t use the bottle of liquid paper, as I do not want a white patch on a piece of coloured paper.
How I wish I could use that bottle of liquid paper to erase the things I dislike and brings me down. It would make life so much easier and a lot happier from my perspective. A selfish thought I know, but it is hard not to feel this way when they are constantly bringing you down.
Unfortunately, life doesn’t work this way and the closet thing to liquid paper that I have is avoidance. Avoiding things and people who bring my mood down. But, sometimes no matter how you avoid that very thing would end up in your face and you are left with wiggle room.
I know that one of the key things in life is not to run away from problems but face them. But how do you face it and attempt to solve it when the problem is another human being - one whom you can’t even engage in a proper conversation with.
I wish I could some how cover these people up and never face them ever again! But life is not a bed of roses, and even then roses have thorns.
I guess I should just be thankful that I have a bunch of friends that hold a special place in my heart and ignore those who cause me much distress.
How I wish life came with a bottle of liquid paper.
I know I am like that. I hate it when I have to cross something out when I write, regardless if it is notes or letters. I get especially upset with myself when I have to cross something out when I am writing a letter on a cute, nicely decorated piece of paper. And I wouldn’t use the bottle of liquid paper, as I do not want a white patch on a piece of coloured paper.
How I wish I could use that bottle of liquid paper to erase the things I dislike and brings me down. It would make life so much easier and a lot happier from my perspective. A selfish thought I know, but it is hard not to feel this way when they are constantly bringing you down.
Unfortunately, life doesn’t work this way and the closet thing to liquid paper that I have is avoidance. Avoiding things and people who bring my mood down. But, sometimes no matter how you avoid that very thing would end up in your face and you are left with wiggle room.
I know that one of the key things in life is not to run away from problems but face them. But how do you face it and attempt to solve it when the problem is another human being - one whom you can’t even engage in a proper conversation with.
I wish I could some how cover these people up and never face them ever again! But life is not a bed of roses, and even then roses have thorns.
I guess I should just be thankful that I have a bunch of friends that hold a special place in my heart and ignore those who cause me much distress.
How I wish life came with a bottle of liquid paper.

3 Comments:
Look at the person in the face while she is talking, but don't even try to understand what the hell she is saying (cos it's probably just nonsensical sh*t). Just dot an imaginary outline of liquid paper over the frame of her face then fill it in with more of the white stuff... soon enough she will be nothing more than just 'noise'...
I know this doesn't really have anything to do with your post. But I just feel like I should tell you that everytime I want to erase something or undo something I think of Ctrl-Z in my head. Some people think I'm crazy. Actually I think so too. But lets just all be merry and Ctrl-Z. *hugsandkissesada!*
Hi Hi....
Life is definitely with pros and cons....
To me, I will ask myself these qn first...
Does this person stand a place in yr heart? Does this person let u improve on any areas of U? If u were to lose this person, will u feel sad??
If the answer is NO, dun bother abt her/him... it will just add onto yr burdens/troubles but not joy... and it is reduntant...
Do u know u need 72 muscles to frown, and only 14 to smile?? so why bother....
BUT if the answer is YES, but i doubt the answer is YES.. if it's yes..feel free to look for me for my opinions....
tsk tsk...
Take care.. all the best for yr exams... tata.. muacks!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home