Sunday, May 07, 2006

A week of close shaves

The rain cloud has descended onto dear Adelaide again. I think their rain count would reach an all time high here, considering that all the tour guides i've met said that it hardly rain in Adelaide. Funny that, we've had several big rain already and this weekend was one of them.

With the rain there's wind and thus it spells a recipe for disaster. the rain flies in all directions so an umbrella is pretty much useless. I had to buy a waterproof jacket for days like these - not the prettiest thing but it keeps me dry so I am not complaining.

Thankfully, the weekend rain has been kind to me so far. I managed to bring my heater and saucepan home without getting stuck in the rain, and yesterday, the rain poured only after I came home for grocery shopping and had taken out the trash. Today, the rain decided to pur only after I brought my dry laundry home! :) So I am not complaining...

With the rain and the wind comes the cold - something I was not too fond off when I was using the heater provided by housing as it turns itself off after 2 hours!!! So i was left freezing under my quilt many nights in a row. But now, with my trusty new heater and warm clothes - I'd say bring it on! :P

Assignments are continuing to pile up on me and the cold makes it hard to stay up late as i feel sleepy at 9.00pm - all thanks to the early sunset, cold weather and melatonin. From 9.00pm to 1.00am - I fight the constant urge to go to bed, sometimes I win and sometimes I loose. So the earliest i have slept is 11.00pm, which I wasn't too happy about as most of you would have guessed. :P

I served my first mass today without the resident altar servers to guide us - the 3 newbies. It was amazing having to be on high alert and getting everything right - except the 2nd water duty, which we forgot. To be able to serve mass is truly an honour. I love every minute of it and llike I've been telling everyone: Nothing beats serving the Lord at His altar. And being a girl, this is truly an honour and priviledge.

Exams are fast approaching - I'm not too excited about it, to be honest. I miss term tests as i can really do with a gauge right now to help boost my confidence for my exams. I hope all would turn out well. :)

Ok... I've to get back to my journal article now, so take care and have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home