Mk14 3-8
When Jesus was in Bethany reclining at table in the house of Simon the leper, a woman entered carrying an alabaster jar of perfume made from expensive aromatic nard. Breaking the jar, she began to pour the perfume on his head. Some were saying to themselves indignantly: 'What is the point of this extravagant waste of perfume? It could have been sold over 3 hundred silver pieces and the money given to the poor.' They were infuriated at he, but Jesus said 'Let her alone why do you criticize her? She has done me a kindness. The poor you will always have with you, and you can be generous to them whenever you wish; but you will not always have me. She has done what she could; By perfuming my body she is anticipating its preparation for burial. I assure you, whereever the good news is proclaimed throughout the world, what she has done will be told in her memory."
I have been having a rough time in school, specifically linguistics and some students. And this reading spoke out to me during a reflection and I thought I'd share it with you as a sequeal to my entry 'Had you ever?'.
You see I am behind my linguistic class in the sense of readings and understanding the different symbols. I can't hear the subtle differeences in some sounds and was feeling very demoralized. My aussie classmates are from the top 1% of their cohort and my international classmates are mainly from junior colleges and the malaysian version of the 'A' levels. I do not hold an 'A' level cert, what more an SAT. I am a normal academic student with a diploma. Not very impressive.
So for a long time I was asking myself if I was meant to do this course at all. It was a very surreal experience. I was studying what I have been wanting to do for the past 7 years and I was enjoying every lesson. But I was not on top of things. I was falling behind in readings, I didn't understand a single bit of linguistics except recognising some terms and my other international classmates seemed to have it all together. So I was wondering if i had taken on a hat that was too big for my head.
Then this reading came along and when Jesus spoke, I felt like he was telling me this: 'It's okay, go ahead and feel the way you feel. But don't give up and look ahead.'
I felt a reaffirmation and felt him nudge me on. And so I am taking this 2 week break to get on track with everything. But am already starting to fall behind my schedule. I as usual go into a panic frenzy but He sent a friend to tell me that it is more important I understand what I learn than rush through it and not learn a thing. *Thanks Daniella*
A phone call to my dear one also reaffirmed me of my vision and hope. And messages from a dear friend gave me a bigger nudge to push on.
So like how others could not see the purpose of the lady's doing, I can't see the purpose of my struggles. But as the Lord affirmed the lady of her doing, the Lord reaffirms me of my hopes and dreams.
I have been having a rough time in school, specifically linguistics and some students. And this reading spoke out to me during a reflection and I thought I'd share it with you as a sequeal to my entry 'Had you ever?'.
You see I am behind my linguistic class in the sense of readings and understanding the different symbols. I can't hear the subtle differeences in some sounds and was feeling very demoralized. My aussie classmates are from the top 1% of their cohort and my international classmates are mainly from junior colleges and the malaysian version of the 'A' levels. I do not hold an 'A' level cert, what more an SAT. I am a normal academic student with a diploma. Not very impressive.
So for a long time I was asking myself if I was meant to do this course at all. It was a very surreal experience. I was studying what I have been wanting to do for the past 7 years and I was enjoying every lesson. But I was not on top of things. I was falling behind in readings, I didn't understand a single bit of linguistics except recognising some terms and my other international classmates seemed to have it all together. So I was wondering if i had taken on a hat that was too big for my head.
Then this reading came along and when Jesus spoke, I felt like he was telling me this: 'It's okay, go ahead and feel the way you feel. But don't give up and look ahead.'
I felt a reaffirmation and felt him nudge me on. And so I am taking this 2 week break to get on track with everything. But am already starting to fall behind my schedule. I as usual go into a panic frenzy but He sent a friend to tell me that it is more important I understand what I learn than rush through it and not learn a thing. *Thanks Daniella*
A phone call to my dear one also reaffirmed me of my vision and hope. And messages from a dear friend gave me a bigger nudge to push on.
So like how others could not see the purpose of the lady's doing, I can't see the purpose of my struggles. But as the Lord affirmed the lady of her doing, the Lord reaffirms me of my hopes and dreams.

8 Comments:
Hi Ada, Yupz, there are times when we lose track of our purpose in life. Be assured that this is part of the GREAT plan the Lord has for you. Do not compare yourself with the other students. As long as you've put in your best,that's all it matters!"The obstacles of your past can become gateways for your new beginnings!"Remember to take time off to rest and recharge your body for the next wave!
Its just like what Aunty Julie said when we were in sydney. "she'll be enjoying every single bit of it for a while, but then there will also come a time when she'll ask herself what is she doing here". No worries, They all said youll make it. =D
It seems like you'll go through everything first.
when your school starts, mine starts too.
halo gurl...don't feel discouraged due to your own qualifications. we all don't necessary have to come from the same background to be able to do well in what we are doing. It doesn't matter how well we do sth ...its the passion behind it that fuels our determination. Try not to compare...for each one of us are unique to our own. Think abt the past experiences He had put you thru to know more abt this field. And try to relate it in your studies...take care...be praying for
you.
HELLO (:
im having problems in school too. with accounts (: . like all tough subj , you'll get the hang of it soon. take care .
loves plentfulmuch.
<33;stephh.
HELLO ADA! :D
thanks for all your love and support throughout my journey in rciy for the past one year! learnt a lot. and no matter what, never give up! everything will be just fine. :D
all the best!
<3LOADS.
you need to stop focusing on the fact that you are a normal academic student. anyone may get past that factor, but if you don't, no one will. we're all equal out in the real world, and especially in uni. we are what we make of ourselves no matter what our background.
We fall back at times, but as long as we know to pick ourselves up again we'll be fine. Certain things take more time getting used to, we need to know what failure is to acknowledge success.
So focus on what you want to achieve. Results may vary but just put your best foot forward. Take it from me sweetie. I love you.
hey babe... i'm kinda feeling e same way abt the readings behind and stuff... but we'll make it through ya?
ps. I didnt have ur hp no. so I didnt call ya and i dont know hw to call ur lanline from here...
hey dun give up yah.. i believe you can do it.. don't stress urself too much..
Post a Comment
<< Home