Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What would you do?

I have been busy learning about a few disorders this semaster and to be honest it is not as pleasant as you would think I would describe it. Honestly, it is scary and to a certain extent I feel lost for the parents of such children.

As much as I have always said that these kids are sent to us with a special message and have a limitless capacity to love, I do not know how would I cope if I have a child with a disorder. The fear of the unknown, the fear for my child's future when i am no longer around and just not knowing how to take care of my child.

And on that note, i salute all the parents who have accepted their child's condition and most importantly loving them unconditionally. These parents go through alot and to a certain extent more than what a parent of normally developing children would. Imagine having to toilet train your 9 year old or never hearing your child call you 'mum' or 'dad'?

So please light a candle and say a prayer for these children and their families...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home