in transition
It is funny how no matter where I am I would be missing out on a friend's something and all the good times my friends are having. I guess it is a sacrifice you have no choice but to make when you decide to leave your country and make friends from around the globe.
I love the fact that I get to know and experience another's culture but more importantly I am thankful and blessed to have built strong friendships not just surface-level ones with the friends I hang out with irregardless of which country they come from.
But at the same time, I miss the familiarity and comfort of home.
The whole irony of it is that I know I would miss my friends here when I am back home.
No matter where I go, when I go and where I am, there would always be someone I would miss.
As much as emails and letters bring you a tad closer to the ones you love, nothing can replace be physcially there: being there in the moment, sharing the laughter and pain, taking endless pictures and not forgetting the all important physical touch.
I know I am not the only one in this as ALL my friends here are expereincing the same thing... I guess it is comforting to know that. But at the same time, it sucks as I know how it feels and I wish no one has to feel this way...











I love the fact that I get to know and experience another's culture but more importantly I am thankful and blessed to have built strong friendships not just surface-level ones with the friends I hang out with irregardless of which country they come from.
But at the same time, I miss the familiarity and comfort of home.
The whole irony of it is that I know I would miss my friends here when I am back home.
No matter where I go, when I go and where I am, there would always be someone I would miss.
As much as emails and letters bring you a tad closer to the ones you love, nothing can replace be physcially there: being there in the moment, sharing the laughter and pain, taking endless pictures and not forgetting the all important physical touch.
I know I am not the only one in this as ALL my friends here are expereincing the same thing... I guess it is comforting to know that. But at the same time, it sucks as I know how it feels and I wish no one has to feel this way...












1 Comments:
I will miss you too... when we part.. but til then.. Let's just do life!
-Daniella
Post a Comment
<< Home