HOT HOT HOT!
35 FREAKING DEGREES!! I am sitting in my room with the fan at its highest, in shorts and a halter and I still feel like I am melting!
Anyways, the heat was a much welcomed thing as I was getting a little tired with bundling myself in layers of clothes and my legs and arms were in much need of a tan. However, when I asked for heat I didn't mean for it to cause my room to become an oven... Oh wells, I guess I shouldn't be picky.
So as I am getting baked, let me recap a little of what i have been doing here.
I celebrated the mooncake festival with my housemates and friends. :D I bought the mooncakes and they were rather yummy! Not bad I'd say and heaps better than the ones I attempted to bake... haha!







As you can tell from the pictures, the night was kinda cold. And the chinese top was a spur-of-the-moment thing when my dear housemates, who are indians, were dressed in chinese costumes.. :P I'm glad I did, it just added a more chinese spin on the event. It was beautiful night with various mooncake celebrations taking place around the village. There were even people carrying lanterns ... Hmm... a thought for next year... :P
It was a beautiful night, and although the celebrations were short, it was a great way to end a fantastic evening! We had earlier went to church for a prayer session and it was fantabulous. What I loved best about that day was not so much what i did, but the sense of warmth and love that seemed to be so much apart of the two events I had that day. :D
The saturday after that hit 26 degrees and so I gathered up my things and headed to the beach. :D I didn't get a very tan but at least I am no longer as white as as paper. I went to the beach alone and it was a great experience. It is really not as daunting as it sounds, in fact, it gave me alot of time for self-reflection and just time alone with me, doing what I would like.





What better way to end the day than with a starbucks treat? Oh.. did I mention that we have 2 outlets here?? :P
Anyways, the heat was a much welcomed thing as I was getting a little tired with bundling myself in layers of clothes and my legs and arms were in much need of a tan. However, when I asked for heat I didn't mean for it to cause my room to become an oven... Oh wells, I guess I shouldn't be picky.
So as I am getting baked, let me recap a little of what i have been doing here.
I celebrated the mooncake festival with my housemates and friends. :D I bought the mooncakes and they were rather yummy! Not bad I'd say and heaps better than the ones I attempted to bake... haha!







As you can tell from the pictures, the night was kinda cold. And the chinese top was a spur-of-the-moment thing when my dear housemates, who are indians, were dressed in chinese costumes.. :P I'm glad I did, it just added a more chinese spin on the event. It was beautiful night with various mooncake celebrations taking place around the village. There were even people carrying lanterns ... Hmm... a thought for next year... :P
It was a beautiful night, and although the celebrations were short, it was a great way to end a fantastic evening! We had earlier went to church for a prayer session and it was fantabulous. What I loved best about that day was not so much what i did, but the sense of warmth and love that seemed to be so much apart of the two events I had that day. :D
The saturday after that hit 26 degrees and so I gathered up my things and headed to the beach. :D I didn't get a very tan but at least I am no longer as white as as paper. I went to the beach alone and it was a great experience. It is really not as daunting as it sounds, in fact, it gave me alot of time for self-reflection and just time alone with me, doing what I would like.





What better way to end the day than with a starbucks treat? Oh.. did I mention that we have 2 outlets here?? :P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home