Thursday, August 17, 2006

Missing Home on National Day - Overdue

This is a delayed post as the pictures took a while to come in. Hee... But better late than never right?? :P

National day – what does it mean to you?

As a kid I remember calling it Singapore’s birthday and by the time I was 11, I was told to accurately refer to it as Singapore’s Independence Day. Either way, that day always meant spending time with my family. Mum would cook, we would have a glass to drink and then watch the parade together.

During which time, I would have bolted to the window each time the fly-by left the stadium and watch them fly by my home. And when the fire works start, we would run from bedroom to bedroom to look for the room with the best view of the fireworks, even if it is just a speck.

Many may find this cheesy and odd, but for me I love it and right now, I miss it terribly. I miss the things my family would be doing right now as I am typing this out. I know dinner would be great as mum would have cooked something special and the parade would be magnificent as it had always been. But most importantly I miss spending time with my family.

I miss home so much I managed to eat kueh dada, egg tarts, roti prata and nasi lemak from the Singapore fair on campus. I NEVER eat this much for lunch but I did today. I guess I miss the typical food you get back home but most importantly I miss my family and friends back home and the food was my link to them.

I am going to try to watch the parade at home today, but I am unsure if I have enough credits. I can so knock my head for not toping up my credits today. Ugh… I just want to see the fire works.

So to all my lovelies back home: HAPPY NATIONAL DAY!








HAPPY NATIONAL DAY SINGAPORE! - From all of us downunder

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now now the photos... well taken!

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home