Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Am I Fat?

Hey all... I sent a home video back a few days ago and my dad said I put on weight... I am not going to whine about it but it is a little saddening to hear those words. I am after all a typical girl who does not like the words fat and gained weight.

Anyhow enough of that, the weather has dipped considerably here and it is raining like cats and dogs as i speak. The winds here are terribly strong, so strong that they send a chill through your bone as it passes you. Thank God i got my warm clothes in time.

School has been good, at times challenging. I am at this moment eagerly awaiting the return of my first antomy assignment. *fingers crossed* I must admit though I miss all the support study groups I've ever had throughout the years of studying back home in sunny Singapore. Besides my dear friend and neighbour Daniella, I feel stupid talking to the other students okay not all... some ... as they always speak to me like I'm an idiot or something. Let's just say it hard to have a decent conversation without feeling stranggled.

There are some though that are just a joy to talk to. However, the juggling of chores, school and meals can sometimes make it difficult to meet friends who don't stay on campus. It doesn't help that I don't have a car and the transport system requires alot of getting use to. Also, most of them drive so they go back between classes ... so yah. And it is rather normal to do that as food on campus is just so expensive. Although I've found a cute lil coffeeshop in the medical centre and one outside the medical centre that sells yummylicious food that is below $10.

The home situation is not getting any better and I have started to just accept the fact that if I want a clean home, I just have to do more cleaning then normal as one side won't do till they feel like it, and the other won't do till the other two does some cleaning. I on the other hand can't stand the fact that it is starting to resemble a pig sty. So yup...

I'm going to have pizza tonight with episodes of scrubs! :) Daniella decided to call in pizza using the voucher she has and so we'll be having pizza and watching scrubs at my place... haha! Yes... I know I should be studying but with no class tommorrow and I can't help it. :P I am going to do some reading after tele time though... like half today and half tomorrow... :P

I had steak last night, and I must say i am starting into the hang of thing in the kitchen again... :) Guess not cooking real meals for so many years called for some refreshers. :P

Well... the long awaited 2 week break is coming up and I'm thankful for that! :) I am hoping to get lots of studying done as I am falling behind with reading and to complete my assignments which would be due when school returns.

So much to do, so little time... and I'm still going for pizza and scrubs... :P Sorry... i just need to unwind. Will do some work tonight i promise (This is me talking to mem so you can ignore this bit).

Okies... I got to go now... hit the shower... call home... and dinner! :P

But before I go, i'll leave you with a little something from Adelaide...


The before


7 weeks ago


Now - today.

Any difference? Hmm... may consider buying weighing machine. :P

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aiya where got fat? haha.. still look ok ah.. =)

i'm still rotting here.. in between work tt is.. haha.. yah i miss those studying times together.. oh well..

anyway gd luck in ur exams!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Wei said...

hey gurl...i so understand what you mean by not being able to speak without feeling stranggled. Its hard at times to even bring your ideas across cos they have labelled us in the wrong light. There are many times i felt like an idiot since my ideas came across as impractical and strange. Well, its our duty then to educate these people that not all asians are what they think we are. (Of cos not all Aussies are like tat la...=P) Anywhere's who are they to judge us by our colour? Thats why sometimes you feel so much at home talking to asians esp those from S'pore....=) drop me an email when you free...

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home