Thursday, March 22, 2007

Finally another post

After much bugging about when my next post is going to be; I decided to type something here to say I am still alive.

Life has pretty much taken on a routine with uni and recreational stuff like swimming (while the weather is still summery) and occasional walks to a friend's house or just to nowhere.

I try to keep weekends free from church and fun stuff and so far: all is good! :D

I went surfing last weekend and well, with waves as tall as me and a huge board, I am glad that I managed to get onto my knees. :P The beaches here are so so baeutiful and the waves were amazing! So amazing that they gobbled up my glasses but oh wells.. :) Okay, so if you think that surfing is an easy thing to do: it is not. My arms hurt for 2 days and like I said I only managed to get on to the knees. It was alot more tiring than I expected it to be. It was fun when you travelled on the wave and the feeling is that a free spirit. However, working against the waves so as to catch more waves took double the effort and it required you to constantly brace for collision with either your board or the waves, soemtime both. But that being said, it is definitely something I hope to find time to do again - when I have the spare kechings as it would no longer be subsidised. Though tiring and painful on the eyes, it was a fantabulous experience and one I most certainly would want to experience again! :P







I also attended my first bridal shower last weekend and it was fun fun fun! The host did up the place with pink and black ribbons and streamers and the food spread was just yummylicious! Sadly, I had to leave half way for church and so I missed out the juicy bits of the shower: but then again, if I was there I would not blog it as it is something special meant for the bride to be and those present. So sorry guys... I guess you'll just have to wait to an invite to one or maybe just wait for mine?? Haha.. I say you should just hope someone else invites you to their bridal shower as I don't think I'd be having one anytime soon... :P

I returned to the altar as an altar server after 3 months of absence for the first time on that dear old saturday too. And it truly is an honour to be back at the altar serving mass. It is for me a constant reminder of the fact that I am here to be a servant and the need and desire to be humble. But more importantly, Sunday mass never fails to bring peace, comfort and strength to the confusion life brings.

After mass that day, being St Patrick's Day, I went off to celebrate at Shenandigens (probably spelt this wrongly). It was an awesome night even though I only had a pint and a half (didn't see the need to drink more as I was so so happy to be able to be there with my fellow bug [inside thing]) and I managed to meet new people and catch up with people I have not seen since i came back from Singapore. :D I wore a hairband with bouncing shamrocks and I was decked in green.





I also played in the arcade (yes I know me and arcades are like fish is to land) but hey it was a great fun, even though I sucked at everything i played. Haha.. I didn't even know how to play DDR and to think I thought I knew.. *embarrassment floods the asian face*



nope.. no pics of me at the arcade as there was no other photographers around besides Renee and I.. :)

Okie dokes.. I think I should head into the shower before I don't make it in time for my usual thurdays prayer meeting... :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniella said...

Wow! Looks like you had fun!! And yes, the board is so much bigger than you! Gosh..
Yeah, I wish you could have stayed for the bridal shower too. It was heaps of fun

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

w0W..Ada went SURfIng !!! Sounds so cool man ! U look great too my dear :)

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home