Thursday, July 14, 2005

an update

Finally... I've graduated - foramally. I've returned my matriculation card and recieved my certificate. After 3 tiring and mind boggling years, I've finally achieved what I wanted to achieve. I once thought I'd never make it to the end but I did and with a cumulative GPA of 2.91. Yes it isn't fantastic but to me it is an achievement and thus, I am proud to say I've done my best!

But I did not do this alone; thus I want to extend a few thank you notes.

To God for giving me the strength and determination I needed and for answering my prayers! :)
To Mother Mary for constantly praying for me!

To my parents for their constant encouragement and tolerance when my mood swings kicked in due to the stress. Most importantly, for never giving up on me! I love you both!

To my brother for taking over the chores when I had datelines to meet and exams to study for and for tolerating my nasty mood swings! Love you bro!

To Marcus, though only there for the last year of my course, for patiently waiting for me to complete my assignments even if it means reading a book into the wee hours of the morning. Most importantly, for being my support when the going got tough and for never failing to encourage me.

To Cherie for bring me dinner during exam periods and panadol during the time of the month. And most definitely for being such a good listener to all my complains and whines for the whole 3 years!

To Xiao Wei, Pui Ching and Deb for the support and friendship fostered during the 3 years! And yes listening to my complains too...

No thanks to my ex boyfriends as all you caused was pain and anger!

Yup! So now this journey has come to the close and I am eagerly awaiting to embark on the next one: University.

So as I am awaiting to embark on uni I have said good bye to a good friend who has gone to study in Perth. To be precise, calling her a good friend is an understatement, she is my right hand, my drinking mate, my pillar, my eyes when I'm blinded, my ears when I choose not to listen, my shoulder to lean on - to sum it up: My sister.

Yup... I miss her to bits! I was pretty much in a wreck the week she left (Thank you Darling for being super understanding during that period!) but I bounced back after a day or two but it does not mean I don't miss her; I miss her like crazy!!

Leaving for a new land can be very daunting when you are going there all alone but I am glad the place where I'd be heading is easy to settle into. There is a huge shopping centre just 10 minutes away from campus and the city is just half an hour away (a big improvement from staying an hour away from school for the last 3 years) thus, it is easy to get necessary items like groceries and household items. Of course shopping is not too bad there... although it is alot better in sydney! :P

As much as I am eager to start uni, I dread leaving the people I love behind: my family, marcus and friends. Of all the different voyages I've embarked on this is the most exciting and at the same time the most daunting. But I am determined to run my best!

Okies... that's bout all I have to say. Nite nite!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo ger!!

so sad i couldn't go and meet up with you on grad tt day.. hope we can meet up soon.. =)

how was the trip to down under? hope everything is good for u.. will really miss u when u go over dere..

how's marcus? long time no hear frm him? help me say hi k? =)

things are going ok 4 me.. just dragging myself to work everyday.. once in awhile enjoy my work.. esp when shirley ard.. can tok non stop!! haha.. =P

ok.. update you another time.. love u ger.. *hugs*

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home