My Life As A Bum
I've been an official bummer for slightly more than a month now; since graduation night came to past. And I must say that bumming can be exciting, either that or the lack of brain stimulation is causing me to be amused by very little things. Hmmm...
My day starts at 11am and it usually starts off with lazing in bed till my lazy self decides to roll off; a luxury which is going to be short lived if I do get a temp job. Once i roll off my big comfy companion, its off to a personal grooming session in my toilette and to do the daily laundry.
In the kitchen, I summon the big basket of smelly clothes and throw them into the stomach of my hungry washing machine. After which, I start to mix my mum's killer concoction for tough stains and bacteria found on the clothes: a spoonful of powder detergent, a spoonful of vanish and a cupful of softener. Follwing that would be to take down the dry clothes and fill up the collecting basket. This would then be sent to the living room where they would be folded infront of the tele.
Once the washing machine is done digesting the tough stains and bacteria found on the smelly lot, a clean lot is churned out and it is their turn to be hung dry. Once again done according to my mum's instructions. The line up is as follows: pants and unmensionables are to line up by the window and the rest are to assemble right angle to that.
The folded clothes would then be sent to their respective cupboards and the rest of the day is mine to spend in anyway that I would like. Usually, it would be off to the kitchen to whip up a decent meal of cornflakes and milk or pancakes with maple syrup and on good days, a sandwhich. Either of these would then be enjoyed in the company of the tele.
Once the clock strikes 3, i get off my butt and head for my computer where I would spend about an hour checking what i need to check and surfing for stuff. Then it's off to the bathroom for another personal grooming session.
Then at 5, it is back to the tele till dinner with my family. And back to the tele again.
On some days, there might be the occasional tidying up of my room, putting things into my computer, ballet class or a trip to meet my pals or my beloved.
That is about my typical day, sounds mundane and boring? Not to me, as each day brings a gift, like a surprise visit from my beloved, a call from an old pal, a sudden urge to whip up something other than the usual lunch or even the sudden urge to spring clean!
Bumming is beneficial for a while as it helps to recharge your low batteries giving you a much needed boost to do a good job! :)
I recommend this to everyone - young and old! Anyone interested in joining me on this luxurious trip? be sure to make an appointment soon as this offer is only valid till I get a job!
*Please do not take this wrtie up in its literal sense as if you do: It won't make sense! :P
My day starts at 11am and it usually starts off with lazing in bed till my lazy self decides to roll off; a luxury which is going to be short lived if I do get a temp job. Once i roll off my big comfy companion, its off to a personal grooming session in my toilette and to do the daily laundry.
In the kitchen, I summon the big basket of smelly clothes and throw them into the stomach of my hungry washing machine. After which, I start to mix my mum's killer concoction for tough stains and bacteria found on the clothes: a spoonful of powder detergent, a spoonful of vanish and a cupful of softener. Follwing that would be to take down the dry clothes and fill up the collecting basket. This would then be sent to the living room where they would be folded infront of the tele.
Once the washing machine is done digesting the tough stains and bacteria found on the smelly lot, a clean lot is churned out and it is their turn to be hung dry. Once again done according to my mum's instructions. The line up is as follows: pants and unmensionables are to line up by the window and the rest are to assemble right angle to that.
The folded clothes would then be sent to their respective cupboards and the rest of the day is mine to spend in anyway that I would like. Usually, it would be off to the kitchen to whip up a decent meal of cornflakes and milk or pancakes with maple syrup and on good days, a sandwhich. Either of these would then be enjoyed in the company of the tele.
Once the clock strikes 3, i get off my butt and head for my computer where I would spend about an hour checking what i need to check and surfing for stuff. Then it's off to the bathroom for another personal grooming session.
Then at 5, it is back to the tele till dinner with my family. And back to the tele again.
On some days, there might be the occasional tidying up of my room, putting things into my computer, ballet class or a trip to meet my pals or my beloved.
That is about my typical day, sounds mundane and boring? Not to me, as each day brings a gift, like a surprise visit from my beloved, a call from an old pal, a sudden urge to whip up something other than the usual lunch or even the sudden urge to spring clean!
Bumming is beneficial for a while as it helps to recharge your low batteries giving you a much needed boost to do a good job! :)
I recommend this to everyone - young and old! Anyone interested in joining me on this luxurious trip? be sure to make an appointment soon as this offer is only valid till I get a job!
*Please do not take this wrtie up in its literal sense as if you do: It won't make sense! :P

2 Comments:
Heheh you ain't the only one who's been bumming. I did a couple of temp jobs but been bumming around since then waiting for next course to start.
Me? I've been on attachment since last Novemnber. Just ended over a month ago.
Got me driving license. Trying to get a motorbike license now. :)
How about u?
Penelope
Ada!
how have you been doing?! Haven't seen you since christmas! hey hey.. maybe we can have dinner or something one of these days! for the time being.. take care yar! =)
-Pam-
Post a Comment
<< Home