Saturday, July 31, 2004

The Wedding

Hey there... just met myGodbro and Godsis who have just came back from their honeymoon. Last week was their wedding. I was the maid-of-honour. :P And boy did I have a good time although it was very tiring as I had to help her with her gown which had a long train. But I feel that it is a great honour to be asked to be someone's maid-of-honour. :)

I was in a lovely gown and had full make-up on for the first time. You can see the pic on friendster if you want to see how I looked... :P My darling looked swell in his chinese collar coat and new hair cut! Lucas was a dashing young man in his coat too!! The two guys I love with all my heart... *grins*

At the dinner.. i wore a sarong kebaya (my ethnis costume!) and boy have I put on weight!! My made-to-measure sarong was so tight!!! It would have stopped my blood circulation if I ate anymore than I did...!

Marcus, Luc and I did a mini sabo on my kor a jie... haha... they were to act out a song which Luc played on the guitar and Marcus sang! I just did all the talking. Marcus and I did a little demo but the stage was my Kor and Jie's! Although my darling go an invitation to sing at two 30th wedding anniversaries as everyone felt he had a great voice! :) My darling has the voice of an angel!!! :)

The wedding did however made me think about certain issues. One of which was that of my own wedding.

"The wedding lasts only a day but the marriage lasts a lifetime." A phrase Father Richard emphasized at homily. How true it is.. now a days everyone seem to take divorce as a way out of arguements. A sad fact and situation that has plagued today's society.

Personally, I feel that marriage would never be a bed of roses as everyone would change as one grows. The man you marry may not be the same man 10 years later, just as you would change too with time and life experiences.

Instead of fighting and threatening divorce, I feel that the couple should work it out and iron out their differences eah time it comes up. When two people are joint in holy matrimony, they are making the decision to leave behind their own individual life and to embark on a new journey together. A journey full of up and downs. One is also making the decision to love their spouse come what may.

When two people decide to go into a relationship together, they are in love with each other and preparing for a life together. They are embarking on a trip where they woud decide if this is the person they want to spend the rest of their life with. I feel that through this journey enroute to marriage one also has to make the decision to love thier significant other for all that he is irregardless of his cons.

But this deosn't mean that they do no help each other to change as helping your other half see his faults is something that is so beautiful. Throughout the course of a relationship and a marriage, the male becomes more like the female and the female more like the male but still keeping their individuality. It may sound really contradicting but it makes sense to me. Don't really know how best to describe it. Guess it's something I grew up with. :P

Okay... I dun know if this makes sense to you but it does to me. Can't do a better explanation although I would love to but my medication is making me all drowsy... so think I'll end here... Bye! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger t ruth said...

it is beautifully written.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home