My salsalicious weekend
OMG! I'm so finding someone who can salsa! Hahahaha...
I had a blast at LABAMBA - a latino party that is held once a month in dear old Adelaide. It was simply amazing.. I felt like I was on the set of dirty dancing - a dream come true!
There was a dance floor filled with people with varying degrees in salsa experience and twice the floor was cleared for dance performances such as samba, a Dominican republic dance, caprearo (no idea how to spell this but it is a Brazillian form of martial arts) and of course SALSA!
There was an awesome latin band that just turned the heat up in the room by 10 notches!
It was a pity I don't have a pocket photographer as there were lots of shots I would have loved to take but uhm.. I was on the dance floor.. hahaha.. :P
I have to say though that a good dance partner makes a world of a difference. The best dance partner i had for the night had to be my dear friend Tarun. He was such a good dance and a confident lead which made the experience so much more fun! I wish I could find the words to describe how awesome it was but I can only come up with this: there was a lot of twirling, swinging and laughter!
My words will not do justice to the magnitude of fun and enjoyment I had that night and with no pictures I am afraid that if you want to know what or why I am raving about my awesome salsarific saturday night, you just have to make time to be there and for those not in Adelaide - fly here! Haha...
I love salsa.....
Oooo.. my legs are itching for more twirls... :P
Quick bring on the Cuban night on 29th September!! Anyone wanna come??
I had a blast at LABAMBA - a latino party that is held once a month in dear old Adelaide. It was simply amazing.. I felt like I was on the set of dirty dancing - a dream come true!
There was a dance floor filled with people with varying degrees in salsa experience and twice the floor was cleared for dance performances such as samba, a Dominican republic dance, caprearo (no idea how to spell this but it is a Brazillian form of martial arts) and of course SALSA!
There was an awesome latin band that just turned the heat up in the room by 10 notches!
It was a pity I don't have a pocket photographer as there were lots of shots I would have loved to take but uhm.. I was on the dance floor.. hahaha.. :P
I have to say though that a good dance partner makes a world of a difference. The best dance partner i had for the night had to be my dear friend Tarun. He was such a good dance and a confident lead which made the experience so much more fun! I wish I could find the words to describe how awesome it was but I can only come up with this: there was a lot of twirling, swinging and laughter!
My words will not do justice to the magnitude of fun and enjoyment I had that night and with no pictures I am afraid that if you want to know what or why I am raving about my awesome salsarific saturday night, you just have to make time to be there and for those not in Adelaide - fly here! Haha...
I love salsa.....
Oooo.. my legs are itching for more twirls... :P
Quick bring on the Cuban night on 29th September!! Anyone wanna come??

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home