Mummy
Earlier this week my mum went for an operation - her 11th time. When my Dad broke the news to me I broke down. Why? There are just too many reasons.
My mum has been my pillar of support in almost everything I've done - from encouraging me to pursue my dreams to being there when I enter a new relationship. She has never failed to help me pick up the pieces of my shattered heart and sometimes, dreams. She brought me comfort when I experienced life's turbulances and shared the joys of my life. She has never failed to lend a listening ear and guide me back on track.
She is also my shopping partner when it comes to clothes, books, kitchen utensils... everything!
She never fails to put a smile on my face and wipes away the tears from my eyes.
Yes, she does nag like all mothers do, but the day she stops nagging it's the day my world would becomes pitch black.
It was because I knew this that I broke down when i heard the news. I almost lost my mum once to some heart-eating virus and a second time to budding cancer cells. I could not understand why I have to go through this for the third time. I was afraid I'd loose her.
Life without mum would be hell. I cannot imagine her not being there for my graduation, wedding, birth of my first child and all other eventful happenings of my life.
Mum has been the angel by my side through all life's up and downs; however, recently, I've been so wrapped up with my own life that I left this angel in the corner. It was because of this that I broke down as well. I felt really guilty about not spending enough time with her. And if I were to loose her then, I probably would loose the chance of thanking her for being the angel in my life and telling her how much I treasure and cherish every moment I've spent and will spent with her.
Since I found out about her cyst to now, I've spent more time with my mum and have updated her on my life's happenings. I realized how much I missed talking to her and just spending time with her. I guess the cyst was made to give me a wake up call. I'm really glad she's ok now and just look forward to adding more memories to the overflowing collection that I have made with my mum.
Although there are times we step on each other's toes, my mum will always be the angel of my heart!
I LOVE YOU MUM.
My mum has been my pillar of support in almost everything I've done - from encouraging me to pursue my dreams to being there when I enter a new relationship. She has never failed to help me pick up the pieces of my shattered heart and sometimes, dreams. She brought me comfort when I experienced life's turbulances and shared the joys of my life. She has never failed to lend a listening ear and guide me back on track.
She is also my shopping partner when it comes to clothes, books, kitchen utensils... everything!
She never fails to put a smile on my face and wipes away the tears from my eyes.
Yes, she does nag like all mothers do, but the day she stops nagging it's the day my world would becomes pitch black.
It was because I knew this that I broke down when i heard the news. I almost lost my mum once to some heart-eating virus and a second time to budding cancer cells. I could not understand why I have to go through this for the third time. I was afraid I'd loose her.
Life without mum would be hell. I cannot imagine her not being there for my graduation, wedding, birth of my first child and all other eventful happenings of my life.
Mum has been the angel by my side through all life's up and downs; however, recently, I've been so wrapped up with my own life that I left this angel in the corner. It was because of this that I broke down as well. I felt really guilty about not spending enough time with her. And if I were to loose her then, I probably would loose the chance of thanking her for being the angel in my life and telling her how much I treasure and cherish every moment I've spent and will spent with her.
Since I found out about her cyst to now, I've spent more time with my mum and have updated her on my life's happenings. I realized how much I missed talking to her and just spending time with her. I guess the cyst was made to give me a wake up call. I'm really glad she's ok now and just look forward to adding more memories to the overflowing collection that I have made with my mum.
Although there are times we step on each other's toes, my mum will always be the angel of my heart!
I LOVE YOU MUM.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home